The event encompasses all aspects of gaming culture including esports, virtual reality, YouTube and Twitch talent, indie games, cosplay and retro gaming. Meanwhile the GamesIndustry.biz Career Fair offers expert advice to students, helping to bring through the next generation of game development talent, and the GamesIndustry.biz Trade Zone is being expanded to provide the UK’s largest dedicated networking and meeting space for the games trade.
EGX’s long and successful partnership with Virgin Media continues in 2017 and its customers will have access to the best-value tickets, with a limited number of half-price early entry tickets, starting at £10.50, available for each day. Tickets are available now via the EGX website – egx.net/egx/tickets.
Following the record-breaking success of EGX 2016, attended by more than 75,000 visitors, EGX 2017 will feature over 1,500 screens of interactive entertainment with games from the world’s leading developers. This year’s show will expand once again to take more floor space within the NEC, offering exhibitors further opportunities and attendees even more content to enjoy.
David Lilley, Managing Director of Gamer Events, said, “EGX is the UK’s flagship games event, and we’re excited to be taking it further than ever before. With higher capacity we’re able to support still more spectacular exhibits and provide more space for attendees to spend time gaming with friends. Whether you’re looking to play the latest blockbuster, discover an indie gem or learn how to make gaming your career, we’ve got it all. We’ll also be extending the spirit of EGX into the evenings with official parties on Friday and Saturday, working in conjunction with top hip hop turntablist, DJ Yoda who’ll be presenting The History of Gaming show.”
Further updates this year include an all-new EGX Overwatch Tournament which will join the returning Capcom Pro Tour Premier Event – a highlight on the European calendar for the official Street Fighter™ V tournament – the Gfinity Tournament and the ESL Arena, ensuring esports fans of every stripe will be able to catch their favourite players in action. Cosplay enthusiasts will be able to participate in daily masquerades as well as the European Cosplay Gathering UK Preliminaries on Sunday, an influencer meet and greet will enable fans to meet popular YouTube and Twitch stars and attendees will have a chance to see the biggest names in game development on-stage.
The full list of features at EGX 2017 includes:
● The very latest console and PC games to play, making EGX the number one destination for players to meet up with friends and share their enthusiasm for their passion
● A huge Rezzed Zone showcasing the world’s largest collection of independently developed games
● A packed Developer Sessions schedule featuring presentations and talks by the world’s greatest game creators
● A multi-league esports area featuring Gfinity and ESL, leaders in esports
● The Amazon.co.uk stand with Amazon Prime members able to have purchases delivered to the NEC within a two hours of ordering
● One of the few European Premier Events for official Street Fighter™ V tournament the Capcom Pro Tour, featuring a large prize pool and vital ranking points
● Meet and greet sessions with prominent YouTube and Twitch personalities
● The biggest ever EGX cosplay arena with daily masquerades and the return of the European Cosplay Gathering UK Preliminaries
● More retro games and retro gaming systems than ever before
● The GamesIndustry.biz Career Fair, offering invaluable advice to those looking to begin a career in games
● The GamesIndustry.biz Trade Zone, offering meeting space and networking opportunities to the UK industry
● The Rezzed Sessions stage, offering in-depth insight into the game development process
● Retail stands with limited edition merch and pre-order incentives exclusive to EGX
● Evening parties and social meetups for communities of every size.