From matchmaking mates to setting up a dating profile for a pal, when it comes to love, a little extra help from our friends can go a long way. However, Londoner Maddy Anholt is appealing to the wider community to fund her fledgling love life and help her take her search for Mr Right international. Determined not to settle for second best, Maddy is taking her search further afield and is hoping to raise money through crowdfunding to travel to the romantic city of Edinburgh, Scotland.
Unlucky in love, Maddy said: “After many doomed dates in London, I realised I should spread my net a little wider and take this to an international level, first stop Scotland. Home to many wonderful men, Gerard Butler, Ewan McGregor, James McAvoy… and of course, the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, Scotland is literally teaming with talent and I want in.
However, dating can be an expensive business, especially if you are an independent woman like myself, or Beyoncé. Having spent all my money dating the men of London, I’ve barely got the train fare to Watford, let alone Edinburgh. So I’m turning to the public to fund this fairy tale ending.”
- Maddy is looking to raise £3.5k to fund the search for her perfect prince in Scotland.
- Anyone who invests will receive a 50% discount off subscriptions of MySingleFriend.com to give their own love life a boost, or the chance to win a 3-course romantic meal to swing the dating gods in their favour.
- Investors can follow Maddy’s progress at @MaddyAnholt1 or use the hashtag #AskMaddy to get humorous dating tips and advice.
- The comedienne will be sharing her quest for love at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival in her comedy show, ‘Diary of a Dating Addict,’ in partnership with MySingleFriend.com
- From 5th to 31st August at 1:30pm, Maddy will be relaying her latest dating exploits at The Study in The Guilded Balloon, Edinburgh.
- Fund Maddy’s love life and make her dreams come true
Sarah Beeny, TV personality and founder of MySingleFriend commented: “We’re thrilled to be helping Maddy in her quest for romance. We all love matchmaking our single friends but this is taking it to the next level. This army of crowdfunding Cupids could be contributing to the greatest love story of our generation. At the very least a Highland fling or two. Either way, I’m sure Maddy will have a good time!”