Off the back of a successful in-person event this October, the UK’s largest games trade fair will be returning for two events in 2022 – EGX Birmingham (formerly EGX Rezzed) on 3rd-5th March 2022 and EGX London on 22-25 September, both in partnership with Virgin Media.
This year’s EGX was a very special event for fans and developers alike, bringing the video games community back together for their first in-person event since 2019.
New partnerships and zones allowed for a more interactive experience, as gamers not only got a sneak peak at some hotly anticipated games, but also came together to do what they love best.
· Virgin Media’s Ultimate Gaming Experience - EGX attendees competed in Fall Guys’ ‘Squads’ mode against other online teams from around the world, with exclusive Fall Guys IRL crowns and a PS5 up for grabs.
· EGX Theatre - Fascinating panel sessions featuring world-renowned game creators.
· Rezzed Sessions - Attendees took a deep dive into video game creation and the latest indie titles.
· GI Academy Zone - Game industry hopefuls got face to face with employers, enjoying education exhibition areas, careers talks and networking opportunities.
· EGX Arena - All levels of players came to watch and compete in two fun tournaments per day, featuring Street Fighter V Champion Edition, Tekken 7 and fun fillers in-between!
· Console Corner - Friends settled down in the console corner to enjoy hands-on next gen gameplay, fist-bumping their teammates and cheering like hooligans.
· Cosplay Zone - A massive EGX cosplay stage ran across all four days of the event, featuring masquerades with fantastic prizes, workshops offering advice to those looking to improve their cosplay skills.
Next year, EGX aims to keep players and their experience at the centre of events, allowing fans and developers to continue coming together, celebrating the games community and creating unforgettable memories.
Following fan feedback from Birmingham’s large, passionate gaming community, EGX has made the decision to return to the region in 2022 under a new name - EGX Birmingham.
This show will lean on expanding the Rezzed Zone, with all the beloved indie games that EGX Rezzed traditionally delivers, but will also meet the need for AAA publishers to showcase spring releases.