My Client who is a large public sector organisation, has released an exciting opportunity to join their team in Birmingham on a permanent basis as a Company Secretary. The Company Secretary/EA will be providing a full range of company secretarial and governance services for my client, and their Board and committees in order to minimise exposure and risk.
The Company Secretariat team develops the corporate governance structure through the application of formal boards, committees and panels. They are responsible for ensuring that this is documented in the Clients Governance Policy and that formal Terms of Reference for the Board, committees and panels are in place and for the effectiveness of same. The Company Secretariat is responsible for all filings to Companies House (including the Annual Report and Accounts and directorship details).
Some Key Responsibilities:
- Complete all preparations for Board and Committee meetings to facilitate a high level of quality of decision-making, attendance and the accurate and timely issuing of information
- Attend Board and Committee meetings (when required) to
support the Company Secretary to achieve the above, take accurate minutes (where not taken by the Company Secretary), and liaise with presenters on timing of their attendance
-Ensure compliance with statutory reporting requirements and corporate governance in order to minimise exposure and risk
- Maintain company records to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Liaise with the Chairman, Board Members, Chief Executive Officer and others in relation to company secretarial matters
- Deputise for the Company Secretary (e.g. during annual leave periods) in relation to company secretarial matters
- Experience as an assistant company secretary or a committee secretary
- Experience in supporting the implementation of governance process for large, complex organisations with multiple stakeholders (including monitoring and identifying non-compliances with) Company Secretariat procedures and policies