For festival goers, looking the part is important. Not only will there be endless outfits to plan, but thinking about your hairstyle is also essential. From up-dos to a tousled bed head look, finding something that will withstand unpredictable weather conditions, partying at all hours and no access to a shower can be tricky.
To really stand out from the crowd this summer, why not go for a bold statement and colour your hair in an on-trend, bright colour? This season a range of fresh new shades are available at UK hair salon chain Supercuts and from pink to purple, turquoises to vibrant blue, there’s something for every party animal.
The team at Supercuts shared some top tips on how to get the fab festival chic look this season.
- Keep it pampered – even though you may not have access to washing facilities, it’s important to keep your hair looked after. Packing a can of dry shampoo in your festival bag will really pay off. A top tip is to wait for around 2 minutes after you have sprayed the product before you comb it through. This allows enough time for the shampoo to completely absorb any oils that are weighing it down.
- Get glittery – glitter hair is very much in at the moment. You can really get creative with your colours and even try a different look for every day of the event. For an eye catching glittery parting, separate the hair where desired, add some hair gel down the parting and sprinkle on your favourite loose glitter. To remove, simply use a baby wipe and then shower the excess off when you’re home.
- Stay sun smart – if the weather stays bright, it’s important to protect your hair. Moisturising products along with protein-based products such as sprays and leave in conditioners, will keep you protected. Products like this can also help to keep your hair hydrated.
- Accessorise – by the third or fourth day, your hair can start to look tired. Choose a statement accessory to brighten up your look and deter from and tangles and excess oil. Big flower hair bands are always a popular choice but feathers are also proving very popular this year.
- Colour craze – when going for a bold colour, it’s important you get this done professionally and with the right care. To help counteract the effects of colouring, a new treatment known as bonding is now available. It is the latest innovative product to hit the hairdressing market and allows the best protection for your hair, helping to mend the structure of the hair.