Aston Villa midfielder Aaron Tshibola has suggested he has left the club to continue his career in Belgium, based on a post on his personal Instagram account.

He said: ‘Let’s play some football ⚽️ happy for this new chapter in ?? can’t wait to start playing again, hungry than ever. Thank you father lord for your blessings & guidance in my life I am truly humbled and grateful I put you first.?? Thank you @avfcofficial and all the fans for your support and opportunity to play for this great club. Thank you @gt_11one’.

The player has never really made the grade at Villa Park, and as they have risen back through the divisions, the likelihood of him making it through to their first-team on a regular basis faded further.

Tshibola signed for Villa in 2016, shortly after they were relegated from the Premier League, but once Steve Bruce took over the Birmingham based side he fell out of favour, and never really became a part of the furniture again.

The Villa man left to attempt to revive his career last season, joining Scottish Premiership side Kilmarnock, where he played a key role in leading them into the European places in the division, but as Steve Clarke departed for the national job, there was no return for the DR Congo international.

With Villa bringing in a whole host of midfielders over the last few transfer windows, it was clear that there would be no future for the 24-year-old now that they are back in the top flight, so leaving was going to be the only option.

The club is yet to make an official announcement about the departure of the London born player, which is strange considering that the transfer deadline for European clubs closed on Monday, but it would appear as though the midfielder has signed for Waasland Beveren in Belgium, where he will ply his trade in the top flight.

The Reading academy graduate thanked Villa in his statement on social media, and also declared how much he was looking forward to playing regularly again, and getting what was once a highly-rated career back on track, after a couple of years at Villa Park where it stalled.