The Caribbean resiliency will be centre stage as visitors from the region join the New York Diaspora for a lively spiritual celebration highlighted by inspirational words from religious leaders and uplifting performances during a Revival for the Caribbean programme.
The revival will kick-off Caribbean Week New York 2018 (#CaribbeanWeekNewYork2018, #CWNY18) on Sunday, 3 June. This free event is open to the public and will begin at 4 p.m. at the Meredith Global Corporation (225 Liberty Street, 5th floor auditorium). Attendees are asked to register via https://www.caribbeanweek.com/event/revival/.
Master of ceremonies, the riveting gospel singer, Pastor Wendy Mitchell Lewis of Regenerating Lives Ministries in Covington, GA, will join other religious leaders and musicians, including Caribbean nationals and youth representing various faiths. The programme will feature gospel performances and motivational messages by talented and accomplished Caribbean nationals, all out to show their support for Caribbean nations affected by last year’s hurricanes and to give thanks for the recovery efforts.
The Revival for the Caribbean will include:
· Welcome address by Hugh Riley, Secretary General and CEO, Caribbean Tourism Organization
· Motivational message by a dynamic youth, Deacon Leandra Lambert, Episcopal Diocese of Long Island
· Message of hope from Rabbi Bob Kaplan
· Message of peace from Mohammed Razvi, Makki Mosque
· Message of thanksgiving from a Guyanese pundit
· Inspirational reading by Merisalyn Roberts, Miracle Temple Ministries, Brooklyn
· Invocation by Pastor Gilford Monrose, Director, Faith-Based & Clergy Initiatives, Office of the Brooklyn Borough President Eric L. Adams
Participants will enjoy performances by:
· Pastor Wendy Mitchell Lewis – Trinidad & Tobago
· Minister Janice Charles – Grenada
· Minister Cora Moore Williamson – Guyana
· Minister Wayne Johnson – Trinidad & Tobago
· Keeyana Lampkin – Saint Lucia
· Braata Performing Arts Group – Jamaica
Caribbean Week New York 2018 will have a special feel this year as the Big Apple’s 8.5 million residents get a taste of the reenergizing and rejuvenating power of Caribbean wellness. During the week-long event (June 3 – 8), the wellness theme will be incorporated into many activities, including a trade show and educational forum for travel agents on how to sell the Caribbean as a wellness destination. Registration details for all events can be found at http://www.onecaribbean.org/events-calendar/cwny-2018/.