This year, the judging process will be overseen by seven key individuals.
Joining the judging panel for the first time will be Andy Skillen, multi-award winning photographer and founder of FaunaVista; Nigel Wilson, professional photographer, tutor and lecturer, and Tony Mason, the newly appointed CEO of LATA. Returning to the judging panel for the second consecutive year are Eva Tarr Kirkhope, founder and manager of the Latin America Film Festival; Hugh Thompson, author and producer (with a particular focus on Latin America); Simon Stafford, technical editor of Nikon Owner magazine and Adrian Phillips, managing director of Bradt Guides.
The editorial categories of the LATA Media Awards 2017 will be judged by Hugh Thomson, Adrian Phillips, Eva Tarr Kirkhope and Tony Mason, whist the photography category will be judged by a specialist photography panel including Simon Stafford, Andy Skillen and Nigel Wilson.
This year, the LATA Media Awards include the following six categories:
- Consumer Newspaper Feature of the Year Award (print)
- Consumer Magazine Feature of the Year Award (print)
- Consumer Online Feature of the Year Award
- Trade Publication Feature of the Year Award (print/online)
- Online Blog Feature of the Year Award
- Top Published Photo of the Year Award