Ahead of International Women’s Day (IWD), on March 8, new research has been released the on priorities for female professionals in 2023, with one of Robert Half’s most tenured female leaders now available to share key strategies to help working women advance and employers better support and retain the women in their organization.
A Robert Half survey of more than 1,600 working women points to several of their priorities for the year ahead:
· More finances: 3 in 4 want their salary to increase by the end of 2023.
oOnly 58% of working women feel fairly paid in their current role versus 72% of men.
oThe main reason female professionals are considering a job change is higher pay.
· More flexibility: 1 in 3 (34%) seek greater flexibility to choose where and when they work.
· More status: 29% want a promotion this year.
They also revealed the top factors tied to their job satisfaction (beyond pay, benefits and perks):
1. Work-life balance
2. Good working relationship with their boss
3. Opportunities to learn and gain skills
With IWD one week away, a timely topic to explore and raise awareness around include:
· How women can realize their professional goals
· How employers can provide a positive employee experience for women
· Tips on how to negotiate a raise or greater work flexibility.