Eight of the 11 England players who were at the Indian Premier League (IPL) have returned to the UK after the tournament was suspended.
The group, which includes Jos Buttler, Jason Roy and brothers Sam and Tom Curran, will quarantine for 10 days in government-approved hotels. Limited-overs captain Eoin Morgan is still in India, along with pace bowler Chris Jordan and batsman Dawid Malan. They are expected to leave the country any time now.
Nobody connected to England is thought to have tested positive for Covid-19. British and Irish nationals can travel home from India, which is on a travel red list, but they must isolate in approved accommodation.
Australians at the tournament will have to stay in Sri Lanka or the Maldives before going home due to a government travel ban. The IPL recently said that it had "unanimously decided" to postpone the season after an emergency meeting.
India has just recorded its highest daily coronavirus death toll since the pandemic began, with the country recording more than 20 million cases, and so far reported more than 222,000 deaths from the virus. The match between Kolkata Knight Riders and Royal Challengers Bangalore was postponed after two KKR players tested positive.
A Sunrisers Hyderabad player also tested positive before Tuesday's match against Mumbai Indians. The match between Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals had earlier been called off after Chennai bowling coach Lakshmipathy Balaji tested positive.
The IPL, taking place across six venues in India, is the richest franchise tournament in world cricket, with eight franchises representing different Indian cities in matches of 20 overs per side. The Twenty20 tournament features global cricketing superstars purchased by the franchises at auction, including India icon Virat Kohli.
Fourteen England players were signed up for the 2021 season, although injury had ruled out Jofra Archer. Teams were staying within secure areas of hotels and resorts in the various cities and did not have contact with people outside the bubble.
The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) has no plans to arrange a charter flight for the England contingent in India as it is the responsibility of the franchises to get the players and staff home. When the players leave India, they will have to be tested before departure and upon arrival in the UK before quarantining.
Though none of those connected to England is believed to have tested positive for Covid-19, it is unknown whether any have been in close contact with those who have. An ECB spokesperson said: "We are in close contact with our players and staff in India as arrangements are put in place for them to return home safely."
Cricket Australia said it was working with the BCCI to ensure the "safe accommodation and repatriation" of its players. Last week, Australia banned all flights from India until 15 May and CA said it that it will not seek exemptions.
Cricket South Africa said it would ensure all South African players were helped to get home.