With a nod to its historic roots, the name of the new bar and bistro at Dudley Town Hall has been unveiled this week.
Regen boss, Councillor Simon Phipps, unveiled the name during a behind the scenes tour of the venue as construction work nears completion. When it opens this summer, it will be called Brooke’s Bar and Bistro.
This is in honour of Brooke Robinson, a former MP and coroner for Dudley who was an avid collector of paintings and artefacts from around the world. On his death in 1911 he left a large sum of money to create the Brooke Robinson Museum to house his vast collection.
Brooke’s Bar and Bistro will be accessed off Priory Street using the Memorial Tower entrance. The Brooke Robinson collection was moved into Dudley Museum and Art Gallery in 1979 and is now housed on the first floor at Himley Hall and will be available to view in the coming weeks.