This November, for one week only, Londoners will be able to say 'Hallou-mi!' to the latest pop-up restaurant with halloumi in every course on the menu. This exciting new venture has been launched by the Cyprus Tourism Organisation (CTO) as a way of showcasing their national cheese and entice people to visit the island.
Located in trendy Hoxton in partnership with 100 Hoxton, the restaurant will open for one week only on Monday 13th November. Created especially for the event by Executive Chef Francis Puyat, the menu comprises an array of halloumi-inspired dishes including:
- Halloumi and cauliflower fritters with a lime pickle yoghurt
- A fresh grilled courgette and halloumi salad with fennel, pine nuts, harissa, honey & lemon
- A chargrilled halloumi flatbread with butternut & dukkah spices
- Crumbed halloumi fingers with a tomato chilli jam
- & to finish off, the best halloumi ice cream you will ever taste!
- Diners can also choose one of two Cypriot inspired cocktails by Mixologist Chad Canning formerly of Nopi: a harissa Bloody Mary or a Cilantro & Ginger Martini
CTO is delighted to have the opportunity to showcase the versatility of Cypriot halloumi. UK Director, Orestis Rossides said 'Halloumi is Cyprus' most popular cheese and we're so excited to be able to bring a key element of Cypriot culture to our pop up venture with 100 Hoxton.'
Andrew Zilouf, Director of 100 Hoxton said: 'As lovers of innovative food, we were thrilled to partner with the CTO for this project and have worked really hard to create a menu that we hope is both inspiring and delicious!'
Theo Paphitis said: 'Cyprus and its food are true passions of mine and the pop up restaurant will bring the delicious Cypriot cheese, halloumi, to every dish on the menu...even the dessert! I'm sure many other people will fall in love with the Cypriot national cheese once they've tried it – and perhaps even visit Cyprus to discover the rest of the island's delicious cuisine and wine'.