Charity Vegetarian for Life has announced the finalists for its 2021 Awards for Excellence in Vegetarian and Vegan Care Catering. Now in their sixth year, the awards are a celebration of those going the extra mile for their vegan and vegetarian residents.
All winners will be announced in a virtual awards ceremony commencing at 2pm on Wednesday 26 January 2022.
· Veggie Care Chef of the Year - shortlist to be announced by television and radio presenter, property expert, and writer, Jasmine Harman.
· Most Innovative Veggie Dish - shortlist to be announced by actress Roxy Shahidi, best known for playing Leyla Harding in ITV soap Emmerdale.
· Veggie Wholesaler of The Year - shortlist to be announced by Scottish actor Paul Higgins, perhaps best known for appearing in TV's The Thick of It, Utopia and Line of Duty.
· The Beulah Charity Trust Special Recognition Award - shortlist to be announced by comedian, actor, writer and film producer Dave Spikey, known for his stand-up comedy, and starring in the British comedy, Phoenix Nights.
The finalists for this year's awards are:
Veggie Care Chef of the Year
· Ben Kerslake - Frome Nursing Home
· Champa Mistry - Birchwood Grange Care Home
· Grant Burton - The Hawthorns Braintree
Most Innovative Veggie Dish
· Gary McGurk, Primrose Bank Residential Care Home - Vegan Gluten-Free Nut Brownies
· Grant Burton, The Hawthorns Braintree - Crispy Gnocchi with a Tomato and Basil Sauce
· Tom Waters, Ashfields Care Home - Chickpea ‘Tuna'
Veggie Wholesaler of the Year
· Anglia Crown
· Thomas Ridley
The Beulah Charity Trust Special Recognition Award - to be revealed on the day of the awards.