Dudley Council is one of the council in the UK who are inviting providers of services for the following broad themes to submit tenders, as part of a Dynamic Purchasing System:
- Communities and place
- Supporting local businesses
- People and skills
This project is being delivered through the UK Shared Prosperity Fund (UKSPF), as part of the levelling-up agenda.
In April 2022, the UK Government launched the UK Shared Prosperity Fund (UKSPF) as a central pillar of the Government’s Levelling Up agenda. It will provide £2.6 billion of funding for local investment across the UK by March 2025.
The Fund aims to improve pride in place and increase life chances across the UK, investing in Communities and Place, Supporting Local Business, and People and Skills. The UKSPF will support the UK government’s wider commitment to level up all parts of the UK by delivering on each of the levelling up objectives:
- Boost productivity, pay, jobs and living standards by growing the private sector, especially in those places where they are lagging
- Spread opportunities and improve public services, especially in those places where they are weakest
- Restore a sense of community, local pride and belonging, especially in those places where they have been lost
- Empower local leaders and communities, especially in those places lacking local agency
This will be achieved through three UKSPF Pillars which are:
Pillar 1: Community and Place
Strengthening our social fabric and fostering a sense of local pride and belonging and building resilient and safe neighbourhoods.
Pillar 2: Supporting local business
Creating jobs and boosting community cohesion, promoting networking and collaboration and increasing private sector investment in growth-enhancing activities.
Pillar 3: People and Skills
Boosting core skills and supporting adults to progress in life and work, including targeted offers responding to local needs and for adults with no or low-level qualifications, and from disadvantaged backgrounds.