Sun, sea and exhausted parents; you never forget your first family holiday. At this time of year, the pressure is mounting on mums and dads to carefully craft a summer trip and create those lifetime-lasting happy memories for their little ones. Having a water fight, taking a toy dinosaur and even jumping in a magic potato are just three of the more imaginative ideas that children shared with lastminute.com, when asked what would make a holiday special for them. These top ingredients show that it really is the little things that count – and stay with us forever.
Top ingredients for the perfect holiday – according to kids
• Jumping over a net and doing a flip
• Eating ice cream every single day
• Having friends on the other side of my door
• Swimming right to the bottom of the pool
• Seeing a starfish in the sea
• Having a water fight
• Going on daddy’s back because I don’t know how to swim
• Taking my toy dinosaur and the family it’s supposed to go with
• And even jumping in a magic potato – proof that a little imagination can produce a lot of holiday fun
Because parents only get one chance to book the perfect summer holiday, lastminute.com’s in-house children’s holiday experts have pulled together a list of the top most family-friendly destinations and hotels around, based on insights from children and parents. These are: • Dubai • Canary Islands • Disneyland Paris • Crete • Costa del Sol Reigo Eljas, Country Director UK & Ireland at lastminute.com, said: “Whether it’s playing badminton on the beach, trying a new flavour of ice cream or simply enjoying some uninterrupted family time, kids treasure holiday moments for years to come. Our job is to take the stress out of booking a family holiday, so parents can pour all their energy into making those memories instead, safe in the knowledge that we’ve got the perfect destinations covered.” Making a perfect holiday can be hard work for parents, but there are plenty of tricks to make life easier.